James Budgett, Grocer of Bradford on Avon
Parsonage in Mason`s Lane was aquired by the Ecclesiastical Commisioners in 1844
and was occupied by the reverend J. C. Earle who successded Bradney as vicar at
Christchurch. It had been built as a private house aome time after 1819 by James
James Budgett (1765-1842). According to Robson`s Commercial Directory for 1839 he was in business in the Old Market as Grocer, Cheesemonger, Tallow Chandler ans agent for the Standard of England Lifge Office. The shop of what is now number 32, facing Coppice Hill, where the Old Market Hall stood. The business subsequently became Budgett and Jones.