Backlands - former Dairy
Scroll down to find out more. Click on images or Home to return back.

During the early part of the nineteenth century the farm and the fields on the north side of the village belonged to William Juson. He owned several houses and was of some importance in the village. He was churchwarden from 1820 to 1827 and again in-1840 and 1841. He died in 1850 aged 84. The farm was purchased by Phillip Schalch (brother of Mrs. Stewart according to Burster's Guide). On his death it passed to Mrs. Stewart and remained in the Schalch family until 1932 when it was sold to Frederick