Limpley Stoke Post Office
Limpley Stoke Post Office in 1910 with a horse and cart outside the Hope Pole Inn. The present building is late Victorian and was erected on a former garden. The post master from 1895 until 1915 was a Mr Weston whose name appears above the door in this picture.Sadly the Post Office is now closed.
|The village by Mrs Elizabeth Tackle c.1850. On the left is the farmhouse which was later to become the hotel. The Hop Poles, Mill, Manor House & Stables and Lower Hayze can all be clearly seen.|
|The Hop Poles and The Stables (now the Garage)in 1890.|
The Hop Poles and Post Office c.1920
Garage and Post Office, Limpley Stoke in 1953