The Bull Pit
|The unusual name for this Mill is from a bull pit that belonged to an Inn called the Red Lion which is now no. 2 Church Street. The Inn was let by the Duke of Kingston to john Moggridge in 1767 and he bought the freehold in 1794. He was in partnership with Thomas Joyce of Freshford and had workshops at Avoncliffe. They built a factory on the site and sold the property to Yerbury, Tugwell and Edmunds in 1807. After a chequered history it was destroyed in a fire shortly before 1883.|
The Bull Pit is shown on this 1837 Map of Bradford.
|The Bull Pit in 1900 with Edmund Long, Builder, occupying part of the site.|