A History of St. Andrew`s Church, Charmouth

(8) Clapcott
Click on image or on Home to return back.
Large Table Tomb.
North Side This Tomb is erected to the memory of/PETER CLAPCOTT/who departed this life the 22 day of June 1813/aged 84 years. East Side No Inscription.
South Side (In) memory of LEAH the wixx xx PETER CLAPCOTT/who died January xx xxxx/aged xx. West Side No Inscription.

Samuel Bartlett Jerrard (1787-1847), husband of Polly, daughter of Peter and Leah Clapcott

Grange House can be seen on the left in this photograph from 1888
Mrs Lily Bugler with 4 of her 5 Children in 1908 in the doorway of Grange House
Francis and Mable Bugler in the garden of Grange House in 1912.

The House where the Clapcotts lived is now called "Grange" and the area of garden surrounding it has a number of houses.
Area behind the House, which was originally a garden, now has a number of houses built on it.
The acre of land in Lower Sea Lane now has a lane of houses built along it.
Marriage License for Peter Clapcott and Leah Goring in 1769
Elizabeth baptised at Bridport to Peter & Leah Clapcott in 1773
Will of William, (father of Peter Clapcott) who died in Bridport in 1761
Grange House was placed up for sale in 1834 by Mr. Garrard