Three Gables Tea Room , St. Margarets`s Street
The Georgian Lodge & 3 Gables c.1890
A Charaban outside the Georgian Lodge & 3 Gables c.1920
 
 
The Three Gables Restaurant, now empty, St. Margaret`s St. c.1920
DEEDS TO THE QUEEN'S HEAD INN BRADFORD-ON-AVON
Yerbury papers WRO 687/8

18.5.1732
Sale Edward Lisle of Crooks Easton to James Miles of Bradford.
Oaky Coppice [near Belcombe Court] totalling 4 acres, also a tenement, backside and garden 'situated near the South West end of the bridge in Bradford. All for 100, the tenement probably for around 60. (Oaky Coppice was sold on to John Wilshire of Winsley 10.10.1732 for 40)
11.5.1737
Sale Edward Lisle of Crooks Easton to James Miles of Bradford.
Grant of 20 annuity to Joan Cornick by James Miles, baker. Properties concerned are;
(a) messuage in possession of James Miles
(b) messuage in possession of James Phillips victualler as tenant to James Miles, all of which premises near the Bridge in Bradford purchased from Edward Lisle Esq.
(c) messuage, garden and malthouse in occupation of William Lea, known as Pippetts Well
(d) cottage near Pippetts Well now in occupation of William Watson, joiner which was amongst other things lately purchased by James Miles from Joan Cornick. James Miles marks with cross in circle. Witnesses John Bailward, James Phillips, Richard Hiller and John Bailward junior.
5.4.1821
Lease for 14 years from 21.12.1820 of Queenshead Inn and premises adjoining Mr John Miles of Cheshunt, Herts gentleman to Mr James Crisp of Bradford, victualler. Described as messuage or dwelling house or inn called the Queen's Head Inn with the cellars, brewhouses, offices and stables belonging now in the occupation of James Crisp as tenant. Also the tenement or dwelling house adjoining formerly in the occupation of Henry Viney but now of Hannah Sheppard as undertenant to James Crisp. All the premises are on the S side and near to the bridge. And all the outbuildings, courtyards, backsides etc. Yearly rent of 57. Building not to be used for any other purpose than an inn. John Miles to insure. James Crisp to take out the annual licence. James Crisp signs. Witnessed by John Bush, solicitor.
26.10.1830
Lease for 14 years Colonel William Miles of Cheshunt, Herts (in Hon. East India Co.'s Service)(l) to James Crisp (2). Inn and other premises. Rent 42.10s.0, commencing Ladyday 1835. House adjoining now in occupation of Mary Deadman. Witnessed by Bush as before. 28.7.1914 (G13/990/45 at WRO) Sale of Spencers Brewery, Whiteheads Lane~ Bradford.
1841 Tithe map with the numbers of the buildings
457 House, and garden, Gen. Henry Shrapnell (Joseph Channing Pearce & others)
458 Garden, Gen. Henry Shrapnell (Joseph Channing Pearce & others)
459 Four tenements, Gen. Henry Shrapnell (Joseph Channing Pearce & others)
460 Queen's Head Inn, and premises, Col. William Miles (James Crisp)
461 House, Edward Tugwell Lawrence (John Rees Jones)
462 House, Thomas Hosier Saunders (Thomas Wheeler)
463 Two houses, Richard Newman (Himself)